Google

Friday, September 30, 2005

No one will be spared!



The big old bad flu bug struck the household this week. First my son brought it home, probably from school. I didn't realize he was sick at first. The early indication was that when I told him he couldn't ride his bike in the street, he pulled it into our driveway and set it then himself down on the concrete of the driveway. He just laid there. I didn't think much of it. I thought he was just sulking over my rebuke about riding his bike in the street. Then ten minutes went by. I thought he was taking the whole thing a little hard so I went over to talk to him about it and got him up and led him to the front porch. Well, we got about ten feet toward the porch when he told me "Dad, I have a throw-up tummy ache." Then he proceeded to prove it. I needed to hose off the driveway anyhow. So we got him inside, spent some time in the bathroom and he said he felt a lot better. We changed his shirt. His spirits were high, so I said "Yeah, son, you can go back out and play", figuring he probably just had something a little off for his first ever school hot lunch. And off he went. About 45 minutes later, two of his neighborhood buddies came pounding on the door and leaning on the doorbell. "Dylan is puking in my yard", Joseph informed me. Ohhhhh, he's SICK sick. I went out and collected him. Another indication he is not well is that he doesn't put up a fight when you tell him he needs to come inside. For about 8 hours he was the Human Gusher. I'll give him this, throughout most of the ordeal he was about as chipper as anyone could ask.

So then the little punk gives it to me, which added up to a sleepless night, a whole day feeling hungover and, today, sore ribs from the whole ordeal. On the plus side, I lost six pounds. My wife was stricken yesterday while at work. This afternoon, little 8-month old Drew got it. That's the worst of all.

Happy Cold and Flu Season everyone!!

1 Comments:

At October 03, 2005 8:22 AM, Blogger sarah said...

Iris and I just got a cold. :|

 

Post a Comment

<< Home