Google

Monday, July 04, 2005

The new toy

Today, I found out that for my birthday my wife and older son want to get me a bike. This is the bike I think it's gonna be.


The Sirrus

We went to the bike shop and test rode it and this...


The Expedition

I liked both bikes a lot. I think I'm leaning toward the Sirrus because it will be a better road bike. The tires are skinnier and the frame is quite a bit lighter. The Expedition has its good points as well. It can go both on and off road and it has grip shifters. Those just tripped me out being that I haven't purchased a bike since about 1990. Your hands never have to leave the handlebars. I used to ride my bike (a Trek 930) a lot before we moved to our current house. This new bike should re-kindle my love affair with riding. I sure enjoyed the test ride.

Of course now I'll be needing to wake up a bit earlier for a little road work...

1 Comments:

At July 05, 2005 8:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet rides Earl. I'm an avid cycler and encourage all to do so.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home